There are currently openings at Briar Cliff University for the following positions (AA/EOE):
Please send letter of application, curriculum vitae, graduate transcript(s), and the names of three professional references to Ms. JoAnn Peterson, Director of Human Resources, Briar Cliff University, 3303 Rebecca Street, Sioux City, IA 51104 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Development and Communications Assistant
The Development and Communications Assistant assists in the coordination and organization of Briar Cliff University’s communications, fundraising, and stewardship activities. This candidate will serve as a concierge for the Office of University Relations and the various constituencies we serve.
- Responsible for gift and record keeping system functionality, current gift and income tax regulations and University policies regarding donor and alumni information, gifts and pledges.
- Assist in the coordination of the activities of the department, including Power Point and Prezi presentations, filing, scheduling, running monthly reports, distributing memos and maintaining correspondence, and other administrative communications.
- Manage the Matching Gift Program, including processing forms and generating reports as required.
- Maintain current scholarship information, ensuring updated information on students and donors; award criteria; and communication with the Financial Aid Office.
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors.
- Update community calendars and website calendars to promote Briar Cliff University.
- Organize and distribute print and digital communications to various key constituencies throughout the year.
- Oversee and record media value tracking on a regular basis.
- Order all supplies for office operations, events and meetings.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the vice president.
Outreach Advisor Educational Talent Search
Outreach Advisor needed for full-time, 11-month position in federally funded TRIO program that provides services to first-generation, limited-income students in middle and high schools in Iowa and Nebraska.Responsibilities include: recruitment of eligible par ticipants; dissemination of career/college infor mation; planningand implementation of meetings and evening activities;
coordination and par ticipation in career and campus visits and activities; documentation of records; and daily travel to target schools.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in education, guidance/counseling or related field with two years experience working with target population; strong communication
skills; ability to develop enthusiasm and establish rapport with students and schools; sensitivity to characteristics and needs of disadvantaged youth. Reliable transpor tation andoccasional over night travel required. Bilingual applicants
encouraged to apply.
Physical Therapy Faculty Positions, Physical Therapy Department*
The Department of Physical Therapy at Briar Cliff University, in Sioux City, IA, invites applicants interested in serving in a Franciscan University environment to apply for physical therapy faculty position. We are searching for motivated individuals, with various educational backgrounds, to assist with the formation and implementation of a developing graduate physical therapy program.* Multiple full-time, tenure-track appointments, with benefits, will become available after June 1, 2014; 9 to 12 month appointments may be negotiated. Faculty member responsibilities may include program and course development, teaching at both the graduate and undergraduate levels, scholarly activities, student recruitment, and service and student mentorship in academic, clinical, and community settings. Additional clinical practice may also be negotiated into contracts. Salary will be competitive, with academic rank and salary being dependent upon qualifications
- Graduate from an accredited physical therapist professional program
- Earned post-professional Master’s Degree in physical therapy, education, or other related fields of study.
- Licensed or eligible for physical therapy licensure in the state where employed.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a licensed physical therapist.
Possess all minimum requirements, with the addition of:
- Prior teaching experiences in a graduate or professional academic program.
- Earned doctoral degree or enrolled in, or desire to pursue, doctoral studies.
- Active in clinical practice, especially in areas of desired teaching.
- Completed a clinical residency and/or fellowship.
- Earned status as a clinical specialist or desire to pursue a clinical specialty certification.
- Active in professional activities at the local, state, and/or national levels.
- Knowledge of educational and adult learning theories and principles.
- Compassionate, caring attitude.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
The faculty member reports directly to the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program Director. If the faculty member has additional assigned duties within other departments at Briar Cliff, the faculty member would also report to the respective Department Chair and/or Program Director.
Basic Biomedical Science Faculty Positions, Physical Therapy Department*
The Department of Physical Therapy at Briar Cliff University, in Sioux City, IA, invites applicants interested in serving in a Franciscan University environment to apply for a basic biomedical science faculty position. We are searching for motivated individuals, with various educational backgrounds, to assist with the formation and implementation of a developing graduate physical therapy program,* including the development of foundational biomedical science courses (human anatomy, human physiology, embryology, histology, genetics, neuroanatomy, kinesiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, and medical imaging). Multiple full-time, tenure-track appointments, with benefits, will become available after June 1, 2014; 9 to 12 month appointments may be negotiated. Faculty member responsibilities may include program and course development, teaching at both the graduate and undergraduate levels, scholarly activities, student recruitment and mentorship, and academic and community service. Salary will be competitive, with academic rank and salary being dependent upon qualifications.
- Earned PhD, EdD, or DSc degree in revelent area of desired teaching responsibilities
- Prior teaching experience in a graduate or professional program
- Knowledge of educational and adult learning theories and principles
- Compassionate, caring attitude
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
The faculty member reports directly to the Doctor of Physical Therapy Program Director, and may have be additional assigned duties within various undergraduate departments, in which the faculty member would also report to the respective Department Chair and/or Program Director.
*Graduation from a physical therapist education program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314; phone; 703-706-3245; email@example.com is necessary for eligibility to sit for the licensure examination, which is required in all states. Briar Cliff University is seeking accreditation of a new physical therapist education program from CAPTE. The program will submit an Application for Candidacy, which is the formal application required in the pre-accreditation stage. Submission of this document does not assure that the program will be granted Candidate for Accreditation status. Achievement of Candidate for Accreditation status is required prior to implementation of the professional phase of the program; therefore, no students may be enrolled in professional courses until Candidate for Accreditation status has been achieved. Further, though achievement of Candidate for Accreditation status signifies satisfactory progress toward accreditation, it does not assure that the program will be granted accreditation.