Education Technology Department
The mission for the Education Technology department is to help improve the learning experience at Briar Cliff University. The department assists faculty in the design and implementation of courses with the right balance of technology and learning strategies, which will help students meet their course outcomes.
The department also assists faculty and students gain the knowledge and skills of learning technologies through workshops (both virtual and classroom), walk-in clinics, and office hours.
Bring Your Own Device at BCU:
Click here for more information about what we recommend for you to use as a primary learning device.
Educational Technology Support for:
- Students: We can help with:
- Learning strategies with technology including the devices, Apps, and ANGEL. For example, how to use technology to access course materials, or create a system to improve learning efficiency.
- Basic functions with devices and ANGEL. For example, how to access e-mail, increase security on your device.
- Troubleshoot basic problems with devices and ANGEL.NOTE: The IT department is also available to provide assistance with ANGEL issues that may surface.
- Faculty: We can help with:
- Course delivery strategies with technology
- Instructional design including best-practice for classroom and online environments
- Basic functions with the mobile devices and ANGEL.
- Troubleshoot basic problems with the devices and ANGEL.NOTE: The IT department is also available to provide assistance with ANGEL issues that may surface.