Bachelor of Arts
The major in marketing will provide instruction in core areas of marketing, including planning and executing the conception, pricing, promotion, and distribution of ideas, goods, and services to create exchanges in the modern marketplace.
The marketing major includes study of the demographic, social, economic, technological, environmental and cultural factors influencing demand for consumer and industrial goods and services, and the marketing strategies and plans necessary to meet this demand.
Marketing majors will have both theoretical and applied learning foundations, and are also required to take courses in management, finance, accounting and economics which provide a solid foundation for the MBA degree.
Upon graduation, students majoring in marketing will be able to:
- Demonstrate competencies in the core areas of research, problem solving, statistical analysis, computer skills, mathematics, oral communication and writing
- Apply ethical reasoning to decision making and demonstrate personal and team leadership skills
- Exhibit knowledge of the legal, regulatory, ethical and technological issues inherent in the global marketing environment
- Demonstrate skills necessary to progress in a marketing career and/or pursue advanced studies
- Apply fundamental knowledge of marketing to decision-making
Additional Program Requirements
The marketing major also requires an elective course from the following:
Marketing majors must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 in this major. No more than 4 credit hours at C- or below in MRKT courses, and no more than eight total credit hours at C- or below will be used to satisfy major requirements.